Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The untitled emotion......

Why do people procrastinate?

Everyone procrastinates to some degree so it's normal but when you've asked someone for something for like 3 -4 times and yet it's not done, it gets kinda irritating to have to keep asking for it. No one likes being nagged and vice versa.

Definition frm Wikipedia

Procrastination refers to the counterproductive deferment of actions or tasks to a later time. Psychologists often cite such behavior as a mechanism for coping with the anxiety associated with starting or completing any task or decision.[1] Schraw, Wadkins, and Olafson have proposed three criteria for a behavior to be classified as procrastination: it must be counterproductive, needless, and delaying.[2]
Procrastination may result in stress, a sense of guilt and crisis, severe loss of personal productivity, as well as social disapproval for not meeting responsibilities or commitments. These feelings combined may promote further procrastination. While it is regarded as normal for people to procrastinate to some degree, it becomes a problem when it impedes normal functioning. Chronic procrastination may be a sign of an underlying psychological disorder.


I really don't mind if a person procrastinates because I do it too. We are humans and we are definitely not perfect. Yes, it can be annoying, irritating and frustrating but definitely not anger. However, if the task is really time sensitive and of great importance, it really gets on my nerves but what can I say especially if that person is your love ones. Day by day I just have to remind him and of course he will say yes...yes...yes but the task is never done. Actually it's not even difficult to do it. I used to get really angry but it has now turned into disappointment because I feel what I'm asking can be done within 5 minutes and telling me you are busy is just an excuse. Moreover, what I'm asking will eventually be part of something for you. I wanted to keep it as a surprise but I had to tell you it's for you and I thought by doing so it will speed up the process...I was wrong. How difficult can it be?

I just have to be patient and wait....just wait and wait!


Damn it.......


All I need is just an address to send a card to you. *sobz*

No comments: