Thursday, September 23, 2010

Overindulging in Mooncakes

Time to hit the gym this week...been having all sorts of flavoured mooncakes within the span of 2 weeks and not to mention great food since was squatting at aunts place for a couple of days. Last week, uncle bought some mooncakes from Resort World Genting Singapore. Tried some with Lotus and salted egg yolk. I'm not a big fan of mooncakes with egg yolk so it didn't really leave an impression. This week, boss brought some pure lotus mooncake from Mandarin Oriental Hotel..I must say it is so far the best I've ever tried.The paste was smooth and the pastry was very light. Not to mention that is was not very sweet. Yesterday, went to aunt's house for Mid Autumn Festival dinner and ate more mooncakes from Concorde Hotel. Let see she bought 1 big box that came with 6 small mooncakes with different flavours. There were mix nuts, lotus paste with egg yolk, charcoal yam, pandan, lemon and hmmm...gosh I forgot what's the other flovour. Anyway, we only opened the lotus paste with egg yolk, Pandan and Lemon ones. Personally I thought it was not that fantastic but since aunt bought it at 30% I guess it's worthwhile. I thought the mooncake craze and nightmare was over not until when I came in to the office this morning that Boss offered more mooncake. This time she brought Tiramisu and blackberry flavoured mooncakes...It's so tempting since it is just left outside. Guess just have to wait for someone to "officiated" the opening of the mooncakes then I'll just take a tini-wini bit..

Let see, for the pass week since I was staying at aunts place as Dad came down for a course. My other aunt from Melaka came along and *yum yum* had delicious & glorious home cook food. In a span of 3 days, I had sambal udang, fried gragau, ginseng soup, beggars chicken, sweet & sour fish, chicken chop, pumpkin soup, mash potato, salad and pasta.

Yes, it's time to go back to gym screaming *aarggggg*. Need to watch the expansion of my waist line, hips & buttocks  :(.Guess I have to go back to my diet and no carbo at nights.

I guess I have to tell you this, I'm really sorry If I will hurt you but I've decided to break our perfect relationship.








I don't wanna ever see you again!









Bye-bye FOOD!

No comments: