Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Saudades

Saudades in portuguese means Miss but its not an accurate translation because there isn't a correct word to really explain the meaning of the word saudade. It is something more than just missing someone. It's a passionate word with deep meaning.

Today's post is about great people that came into my life, be it friends since school days, or some that I've know along the way in college or even friends that i've only known for not too long. You all have touched me in various ways...be it by your act of kindness, your generosity, kindness and self-less ways....I love you guys very much. I'm touched and grateful that I have such wonderful friends in my life...few that will go all out to genuinely help you and just be there as a listening ear or shoulder to cry on. Thank you :)

M & M

Mellissa, though I've only known you for 2 years, I'm so grateful and touched for all that you've done for me and James. Be it your generosity in hosting us and buying clothes for me all the times :) or your kind and caring ways towards us. Though we chat almost every day...I miss you so much. Can't wait to see you next year in NZ. I've known you like forever. Always listening to stories from Caroline about her cousin, Mellissa since secondary school days. Never did I imagine that I would treat you like my sister and someone that I look up to. As a person, you showed me all the good attributes that a person should be and I wanna be like you. Mellissa and Melvyn, thank you for just being there.

Carol & Ita with a breathtaking view of Bali


Carol oh Carol...I've known you like since when? Hmmm....since Form 1. Can't believe it has been that long. Time does fly huh! Thanks for sticking by me through everything and being such an understanding person. I would have had such a terrible experience in school had it not been you being there for me. From helping me see the board when I couldn't see and also always putting up with my self-made lyrics that I used to sing in class. Haha...
Though I've hurt you before because of my blunt ways, you always forgave me. I'm sorry for being too straight forward at times...I guess you know me and accept me for who I am..I'm trying to better myself too. Thanks for all the lovely meal that you belanja-ed me. I promised that when I'm a successful lawyer, Abalone and sharksfin --- I belanja you! No problem ok.. :) Don't forget, the Maid of Honour's place will always be kept for you unless you reject it la..

Ita, our friendship wasn't a smooth path per say. I remembered when we first knew each other, we were always at each others head. I guess friendship is not something that you cultivate over night. It's a process of getting to sync and adapt to each person's idiosyncrasies and ways. I'm glad we became close around 3 years ago.

Thank you Carol and Ita for being such great friends! There are much more things I would love to say but at times words can never give justice to the things you both have done for me. What would I do without you guys?

We girls at 21 tables + terrace
Jo, you are one of a kind. You are considerate, you are patient, you are kind, you are hardworking, you are warm...you are everything I want to be. Thanks for lending your ears all the time. You speak words of wisdom all the time and you never fail to show me a different perspective of life. You never impose your ways on others and you always make a point to remind us that everyone are just different. Jo, by God's grace, you will go far! This is my prayer for you:)

Mun, my other half! Why my other half? It's because we are quite alike. We speak too loud, we speak too much, we speak too fast! We look young and never look our age. People always think we are still 18. Haha. We gossip like nobody's business and laught too much in class till we kena la scolding from the TAXI UNCLE ..Hehehehe

Amy, the sweet one. You are the organiser of the group. You are the leader. You know when I'm feeling down, you are the one that can always sense something is not right..I can't believe I'm having a writer's block just thinking of what to write about you. I can tell you though I'm stuck here with words, my heart about you feels right. I know you are a great friend. I can sense it too :)

Girls, a BIG thanks to 3 of you. With all the different attributes and characters, you girls make very good bridesmaids and organisers for my wedding...:)

During my visit to NZ in 2008 Summer
Lastly, to the one I love. Thanks for sticking by me through thick and thin. I need not elaborate further ya. You know what I mean la..:) I love you!

ps:// written in no particular order ya :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwww... you shouldn't. Sungguh terharu kata kata mu...