Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Brasil, minha segunda casa!!!!

The title translated simply means Brazil, my second home in portuguese.

Amirul and I at the All American Reject's concert
Amirul and I, we've planned to go back to Brazil in 2014 for the football worldcup which would be held in Brazil. For obvious reasons, he loves football and would die to go back to Brazil to catch a glimpse of the worldcup live. As for me, football isn't my cup of tea but since he has plans to return to Brazil during that time, so why not just tag along as a companion and also to visit all my beloved friends and host families. Oh....for those who doesn't know, Amirul and I were previously exchange students to Brazil in 2004 - 2005 under the Rotary Youth Exchange Programme.

Belle and me in front of the then Eye of Malaysia


Memories of Brazil still lingers in my mind all the time. The memories are still fresh and I deeply miss my host families. Fortunately, I've met my host sister, Marina twice in Malaysia as she is a air stewardess with Emirates Airlines and will catch every opportunity for a flight to Malaysia to visit me. I've also met with Cibelle, my first English speaking friend in Brazil which became 1 of my closest friend ever. She was doing a backpacking trip in Asia few years back and managed to stop by Malaysia and as usual I played host to her.

Gemma brought me to One Tree Hill in Auckland
I hope to see my other youth exchange friend in Brazil in 2014. Perhaps I shall start contacting them to make sure everyone return to Brazil then and we shall have a mini gathering. The first exchange student that I got to know and eventually became 1 of my closest friend like forever...GEMMA! She was different from others. I immediatelly clicked with her and we did everything on our Northeast Trip for 1 month. I was so happy I managed to visit her in New Zealand last year and we managed to catch up and she brought me round Auckland. We were just so glad we actually got to meet up after 4 years since leaving Brazil.

Kofi, Kate and me posing in front of the famous Christ the Redeemer in Riode Janeiro
Hmmmm....Ok that was about Gemma. Next on the list should be about Kofi, from South Africa and Kate from Australia. I missed them alot. Both of them were my besties after the Northeast Trip. We sang in the bus, sat together, hung out together...did everything possible together. Both of them were great friends but sadly after returning to our home country, we hardly keep in contact though both are listed in Fb as my friends. Looks like it's about time to reunite the gang...2014-Brazil seems to be the perfect year, perfect time and perfect place to meet up.

Esti from Indonesia

Esti was my best friend in Brazil as she lived in Sao Paulo with me. Kofi and Kate were staying in different states really far away from me so it was quite hard for me to visit them constantly. Both of us did quite alot of activity together, from shopping to sleeping over and etc. Que Saudade (Missing her). Though Indonesia is so near to Malaysia, sadly we never met up too.

Exchange students from various contries

Finally, a group of exchange students from various countries during some event we took part. I'm looking forward to meeting up with everyone in Brazil in 2014. I guess then will be a good time to meet up as everyone would have graduated and working. I remembered Kofi, Kate and me, the 3 of us had come out with some adventurous plan that we would visit each other in our respective countries and would take turns every year. Hmm....well it's always easy to talk and plan but execution is always the hardest part...

2014...I'm counting down :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, very interesting post, greetings from Greece!