Sunday, May 09, 2004

-Day 45 in Brazil-
-08-05-2004
-Saturday
-11.12 p.m.

Ha..ha..well,I didn´t really sleep well after 4 a.m. after I received a sms from my friend,Gerald from Malaysia.I was thinking to myself which mad person would sms me in the middle of the night but it turn out to be my friend from Malaysia,so never mind.Anyway,I woke up at 10 a.m.,did some housework and ate my breakfast.Ok!people you really got to hear this,this is the most exciting part,today my host family brought me to a Typical Brazilian pub,Democrata for lunch and guess what? the place was just amazing..The atmosphere was so nice..a live band was playing and singing Typical Brazilian music,(Samba and Pajode) and people were just dancing and shaking their body as if a party was going on..Well,even if there was no party,Brazilians are always partying 24/7.I can´t really describe the scene to you,you just need to be here to experience it for yourself!The owner of the pub,designed it as if you were sitting by the road side and houses beside you and people dancing freely.Get what I mean?The food was excellent also..It was a eat all you can concept for only R$17 and we had "Feijoada", a typical Brazilian dish which is cook with different parts of the pig,rice,"salada",fried bananas,fried manjoaca and other local cuisines.
It was already 4 p.m. when we finished lunch and so we decided to go to Picasso´s exhibition that was being held at Oca,Parque do Ibirapuera.Picasso´s paintings were just amazing and there were so many of them shipped all the way from Museu Picasso,Paris for the exhibition.I bought a T-shirt and post card as a souvenir to bring back as well.All in all,we spend about 3 hours there just gazing at the lovely paintings.I also bought a tea cup set for my host mother since tomorrow is "Mother´s Day".Tonight,we had CHINESE FOOD!Heard that,CHINESE FOOD!I had Chop sui and Sping roll.Finally!It was really tasty...Didn´t know that chinese food in Brazil also tested that well?Anyway,I think I have written enought for the day.Better stop now...Tchau!!

No comments: