Wednesday, September 29, 2004

-Day 188 in Brazil-
-28-09-2004
-Tuesday
-8.49 pm

It was just a freaking and awesome weekend in Campos do Jordão!!!!!!! Had so much fun there celebrating my host fathers birthday and I had a whale of a time there........We leave Guarulhos on Saturday at 12.30 pm and arrived there at about 2.30 pm....We had some problems looking for our hotel as my host mother booked it through the Internet!!!!! After going for a free half an hour ride going round and round the city......FINALLY, my mom decided to call the Hotel!!!*Sigh* Ok....found it and we unloaded our stuff and straight away we leave for Lunch.....I was just famished....could even hear the gastric juice churning in my stomach....Anyway, We went to a bem chique restaurante (porch restaurant) and I had Fettucini.....and some rice,meat,fried bananas and of course my can´t forget GUARANA ANTARTICA (typical Brazilian soft drink) with a piece of orange and ice......Delicious Lunch! After Lunch we walked round the city and of course my mom..the first thing she always does best....SHOPPING! *Wink* Walking around the whole day until dark than we got back *Detail......Brazil gets dark at around 6 pm* My host sister and I went for dipped in the rather small but comfortable so called heated indoor swimming pool but actually it was freezing cool! Dinner was marvelous and the food was just satisfying!!!!!* No comments*....As usual, went out with my mom SHPOPPING again...She bought like just 2 pairs of boots that cost about R$700.....My god! I was just so stunned!!
Sunday.....Breakfast went on well and lunch too....After Lunch,we went on a train ride to another city and the whole journey took about 2 hours..to go and to come back.It was just amazing looking at all the beautiful scenery as I told you guys that Campos do Jordão is like Genting highlands In Malaysia and so it is really high up in the mountains and there are lots of greens!!!>>>The train ride ended at about 4 pm and soon after it,My sister and I wanted so much to up to the mountain by the teliferico....so my dad gave us some money and off we went...I never sat on this b4 and it was just so thrilling. By the time we got down it was already almost dark...we rushed back to the hotel to get ready for my host fathers birthday dinner..After getting ready and stuff,my 2 host sisters,my host mother and I went down to the lobby to wait for the birthday boy...We sat there waiting and waiting and finally my host sis decided to go up to the room to checked things out.*Gosh* My host dad was feeling so ill...he was literally lying on the bad speechless...Felt so sad for him but thank God he was almost well the next day.!!!!His birthday dinner was a disaster and for that we just ate Pizzas but I was happy!!!Next day, woke up early and got ready to go back to good old Guarulhos.............Campos Do Jordão never to be seen again by VERA TAY JIN MEI from Malaysia!!!

No comments: