Sunday, October 12, 2008

Meanigless, lifeless, clueless

-12th October 2008
-Sunday
-12.36pm

It's been 2 months and 10 days since James left for New Zealand. It has not been easy for me either. Times are bad I would say it. I would be emo, I cry, I think, I miss him so much. Sometimes I wonder what I have gotten myself into. Why did I get a bf whose work forces him to travel around the world? Why can't he find a job here? We have gotten into many many arguments regarding this sensitive issue. Well, we all know that its for the better of our future but there will always be a "BUT"...
Let me see, since we dated in 2005 till today, he has traveled to Hong Kong, China & Macau various times for 3 to 4 weeks each trip; Spend 2 months in Germany, France, Turkey, Kuwait, Iran & Togo(not sure if was same trip); 3 months in Spain & now finally in New Zealand for 6 months. He will only be back in End of January 2009 for Chinese New Year. Looks like he has traveled all the continents except for North & South America. Just so you know, he graduated from University of Queesland, Australia so count that continent in too.
Every single time he is away, everyday is like a thousand years. He has only been in NZ for over 2 months but it already felt like half a year. One very thing I have not been asking him everyday when we speak on the phone is "Dear, when will you be coming back?" or "faster come back can or not?" is because I will be flying over to NZ in December with compliments from my baby:). I just can't wait!!!
One thing I would like to highlight is he never seemed to fail me in coming back for special occasions. Last year, he managed to come back in time from HK for CNY 2007 in February and this year CNY 2008 from Spain. What's more romantic is he gave me a surprise by coming back exactly on my birthday this April from China though he was very busy with a project there. There were many times I fell for the surprise when he said he was coming back in a week when actual truth he was at the airport flying back home. In many ways, he has flaws as we are just human beings but most of all since I chose to be with him, I will love him for who he is and not what he is. I was watching A walk to Remember ( I know its super old movie but I only got to watch it now as I managed to download it) just the other day and I came across a line in the movie which caught my attention..." Love is like the wind, we can't see it but we can very well feel it"---something to that effect lah. Awwwww....so romantic. Just love it!!!
Well, as a friend just commented...long distance relationships keeps the heart stronger..just like absence makes the heart grow fonder. Haha...I hope its true.

No comments: