Tuesday, November 02, 2004

OCTOBERFEST...."PERFECT"!!!!!

-Day 221 in Brazil-
-1-11-2004
-Monday
-6.01 pm

So, I´m finally back in freaking São Paulo after coming back from Blumenau-OCTOBERFEST and from the south of Brazil...What should I say about the trip? It was wonderful,awesome,great,marvelous,excellent and etc.....To be honest, in non other words, the trip was just "PERFECT"! The first city that Jana from Botswana and I headed was of course non other than the famous OCTOBERFEST in Blumenau...Actually, do you ppl out there know exactly was it OCTOBERFEST? Answer me ppl....do you guys really know? Seems like no one is answering me so I guess I better explain it! It is actually a German drinking festival originated from Germany and I bet you ppl are wondering what´s a German festival doing in the middle of no where in freaking Brazil? Many years ago(donno how many), but anyway, the south of Brazil was formally a German, Italian and Dutch colony and Blumenau happened to be a German colony...So, "ahhhhhh" you ppl understand now? OCTOBERFEST in Brazil is the second biggest festival in the world after OCTOBERFEST in Germany and so being there was some sort of a achievement huh!So, where was I? Oh ya....back to Blumenau, Jana and I stayed at the Youth exchange Vice Chairman´s house for 3 days and it was just pure fun and enjoyment!!! German music was just being played everywhere around the city and ppl dressed in traditional German costumes were just happily dancing and singing!
Jana and I did quite a bit of shopping too that we actually found ourselves spending too much money but as you ppl know, OCTOBERFEST is only once a year so I guess it´s quite worth it after all!!! Guess what? We just couldn´t believe this part...We came across a group of British and American students studying at Belo Horizonte who came from São Paulo to Blumenau with us on the same bus and we met up at OCTOBERFEST too!!! All of us hung out together and had lots of fun together...isn´t the world so small?
Without realizing it, we were leaving Blumenau and was heading for Florianópolis to visit the Magic Island(named by the Brazilians) and to meet up with Gabi also.OK! This is really scary!!!We were again on the same bus with those freaking British and American students..isn´t this really scary! Gabi was an ex exchange student who went to India last year on a short term exchange program and there she met up with our short team program team from Malaysia too!This world is just too small!!! Well, during our 5 day stay with her, we just went to the beaches to relax, got oursleves all burned and also went for the most crazy band concert of Gabi´s bf!!It was just FUN FUN and nothing but FUN! I also had the opportunity to go to Gabi´s University were she is studying Languages(German and English) and I even bumped into some exchange students from Florianópolis and I was really delighted!
This is just part of my CRAZY AND SCARY trip..I´m really tired of typing now after rewritting for 3 times because my stupid computer keeps on shutting down*argggg* Well, I´ll continue tomorrow ok? Lots of love to everyone and ANDREW.....Thanks alot for always being there for me and also I´ll always cherish those *hugzzz* you promise me ok?
Love.........................VERA

1 comment:

WontdieonE said...

Wow~!! Looks like you REALLY had a crazy time there!! Wish I could run away from all the pressures here and go nutz too~ But too bad, the world is juz too real. Anywayz, glad to see that you had a splendid time there~