Thursday, December 01, 2005

A Walk To Remember

-1st December 2005
-Thursday
-2.21 pm


(L-R): Lilian, me and Suet Yin

Today is Lilian's 19th Birthday!!!! Just wanted to blog something bout her and how we've come to be good friends since school days. It all started when she joined the Interact Club of MGSS when we were in Form 1. I've always thought of her as non other than my classmate in 1A and also knew she JUST existed in the Interact Club. The years went by and by Form 3, we were separated as I was demoted to 3B and she still remained in 3A. I still can remember clearly that year we took part in our Interact International Understanding Competition (IU Day) which is known now as the World Understanding Day (WU Day). We were representing England and our main stage show was the Ascot(where English women were all dress in their Sunday best to witness the horse racing competition)and the singing of the English national anthem "God Save the Queen". Lilian, played a young gentleman in the stage show and it was a marvelous show eventhough we didn't win that year which to me was just unfair! Form 4 came and she was elected as the Secretary of the Interact Club and I was the Community Service Director. Since then, we've become closer than usual as we always worked closely during club activities,projects and competitions. I will never forget those great memories when we took part in the IU day the following 2 years. I really had great fun during the year when we were representing Tanzania. Lilian was an African warrior and I was a village girl. The whole show was amazing and as expected we won! That was the best year among our 5 years. In 2003, our last year since we were in Form 5, we were representing France and guess what? Lilian was 1 of our greatest Can-can dancer. I wish I had pics to post here as all the pictures are in the normal printed type.
That year was also something to remember and to never forget. It was the year Lilian accepted the Lord and I was really happy for her. Our friendship blossomed and till today I'm forever grateful to this friendship that turned out to be a awesome one. Interact has brought many friendships to higher levels and I always believe that "Fellowship brings friendship"!!!Thank you Lilian for your kindness and care towards me all these years.
Let's take another gorgeous pic of Lilian..I've alwiz knew she was a star from the start esp. when she has the looks..Pretty right? I'm so jealous for her sometimes as I'll never be as thin and petty as her.Hehehe... Anyway, u take care and have a awesome birthday today ok? Huggies and kisses.
Ps:// I took this pic from her friendster..hehehe.

No comments: